As a regional working group of Tech London Advocates, TLA Balkans enables advocates to devote their time pro-bono (on a volunteer basis) to the development of the tech ecosystem in the Balkans region, and to connect it with London and other global tech hubs.
- TLA Balkans objectives are to forge a bridge between the UK and the Balkans
- Put the Balkans opportunity on the map while identifying challenges and opportunities
- Connecting the Balkans diaspora to identify opportunities and barriers
- Supporting growth by facilitating the movement of advocates between the two ecosystems and providing introductions and guidance
- Promoting and supporting events, investments, and activities that may be of mutual interest to the community.
- Showcase business and networking opportunities in the London tech scene to the Balkans tech startups, scale-ups, entrepreneurs and SMEs
- Showcase business opportunities in the Balkans region for tech startups, scale-ups, entrepreneurs, SMEs and corporations in the London tech scene that are interested in exploring the Balkans region
- Showcase work opportunities that are available in the London tech scene to talents in the Balkans region and providing resources such as visas and market data
- Help London-based scale-ups understand how to do business in the Balkans