International Expansion in the Age of E-Commerce
Location: Runway East, Moorgate
E-commerce businesses are expanding internationally earlier and faster than ever before, but what are the complexities of going global, and what tools and resources can help facilitate that journey?
TLA RetailTech’s panel of experts will feature perspectives on the challenges and benefits of international expansion:
- Smith & Sinclair: Award-winning alcoholic confectionary brand that was recently acquired by Tilray to expand their business globally, and has now launched in Germany, Spain, France, Italy, and the Netherlands, and also opened an office in New York.
- Trouva: Trouva, the marketplace for the best independent boutique around the world, is one of the fastest growing tech businesses in Europe and one of Wired Magazine’s hottest European startups.
- Klarna: Payment solutions provider that is one of the most highly valued private fintech companies in the world, enabling e-commerce customers to “shop now, pay later”. Klarna is rapidly growing across Europe and more recently North America.
- Lakestar: Lakestar is one of Europe’s leading venture capital firms investing in technology companies led by exceptional entrepreneurs. Early investments included Skype, Spotify, Facebook and Airbnb. Lakestar has a presence in Zurich, Berlin, London, New York and Hong Kong.
In addition to the panel, attendees will have the opportunity to network with 100 other retail experts and innovators from high street to pure play brands, startups and scale-ups, consulting and VC, government and press.
As always, complimentary drinks (beer, wine, softs) will be available.
We’d like to thank our two sponsors for making this event possible:
- Runway East is the host to over 200 of London’s brightest tech minds featuring a variety of flexible spaces (hot desks, dedicated desks, private options) close to the City and Old Street Roundabout.
- RetailNext is the first retail vertical IoT platform to bring e-commerce style shopper analytics to brick-and-mortar stores, brands and malls.