Highlights of 2014
We created sub-groups, with specific focus areas:
- Higher Education & Recent Graduates – Led by Alan Stuart
- Improving Assessment of Digital Skills – Led by Anthony Finbow
- Engaging Better with Teachers – Led by Mark Martin
Centre for London
TLAEd supported their Connecting Tech City crowdfunding campaign, which successfully raised £50,000. We also contributed advisers to the project, helping to map all of the tech education initiatvies in east London, and then connect students and teachers to them, via a web platform wearedotdotdot.com.
Apps for Good
TLAEd supported their People’s Choice Award – including a crowdfunding campaign, which was unfortunately unsuccessful. We also helped out with mentors, to support their award winners.
Every member of the Education group was given a Christmas present of 12 months’ free access to Lynda.com.
Planned activity for 2015
New event structure
We’ll have monthly meetups, instead of the more formal quarterly events.
We’ll also have less frequent themed events, looking at specific problems and solutions – please suggest a theme relevant to you.
Themed events in the pipeline
- On-line Education – Led by Lynda.com
- Internal Tech Education – Led by Lloyd’s Bank
- Digital Skills Assessment
- Talk less about the problems and more about the solutions.
- Do more research.
- Properly engage with government.
- Support our specialist groups.