Co-Chairs: Sabah Zdanowska (Founder, Ventures Consulting), Timothy Barnes (Raingods), Greg Ivanov (Daydream @ Google) and Erika Barros Sierra (Tech Policy @ Access Partnership)
Name: Tech in Policy
One-sentence explanation: A non-partisan working group which analyses and promotes technology policy to make London the best place in the world for tech.
Rationale for this Working Group
With a huge amount of uncertainty due to Brexit this group is a voice for London tech companies on how to keep London competitive against tech hubs around the world
There are a number of focus areas for this group:
- To make the case for economic policies that will help tech companies in London to thrive, trade more easily and be competitive globally;
- To bridge the gap between tech creators and the decision-makers in Government, Parliament and government agencies, to help them to innovate within and improve the delivery and running of public services;
- To lead and facilitate the conversation on automation and the impact on jobs and the future of work.
- Identify areas for new research into tech policy;
- Organise events to connect the London tech industry with government and policy makers;
- Promote tech policies and shape public debate
Timeline of activities
Stay tuned for activities and events!
If you would like to join the group or have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org