– The group was formed to engage tech entrepreneurs in opportunities within the Digital Creative Markets and encompasses Marketing, Advertising, Design, Media (Mobile, Social, TV & Radio, Games, Film)
– To showcase and support emerging CreativeTech startups/scaleups via pitchcamps, mentoring and promotion to demonstrate the dynamism and momentum of the sector.
– Leverage examples of successful companies to craft a creative tech sector ‘voice’ within Government/GLA re importance of Creative Tech in London.
PLANNED ACTIVITY FOR 2016
– Run an event during London Technology Week that highlights best practice for startups and big business working together.
–Develop ways of showcasing great startups and creative tech ideas for the sector – see Here East event Oct 2015 for first successful showcase.
– Work with at least one of the leading Trade Shows/Trade Bodies to develop a CreativeTech Competition.
– Develop a startup registry for CreativeTech innovation.
HIGHLIGHTS OF 2015
– The newly reconstituted group came together to help define the breadth of the CreativeTech model and brought together the MadTech and DesignTech groups. The working group played a key role in the October 2015 Here East Event, the CreativeTech Panel and the Showcase of Innovative Creative Tech companies.
– An IPA sponsored event bringing together agencies and startups was run with the KTN network during London Technology Week.
– An event in collaboration with Tech UK, Women in Tech and Tech Talkfest was held focusing on Diversity in the Creative Industries.
– The group provided judges and mentoring for the “The Next Big Thing” competition – a Unilver-sponsored initiative at the annual ad:tech 2015 conference at Olympia in early Nov.
NUMBER OF ADVOCATES IN GROUP
HEAD OF GROUP
Kay Hutchison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kay is Founder of Belle Media Ltd specialising in running innovative projects in the creative sector.