– Enhance existing strong links, and add new ones, between the London tech ecosystem and the Austin tech ecosystem, especially in the areas of creative tech, gaming, education, life sciences / biomedical, food tech, fashion tech, mobility innovations, zero waste, and advanced manufacturing.
– Facilitate the movement of advocates between the two ecosystems and provide introductions to Austin and London.
– Act as a convener for disparate individuals, companies, and organizations in London and Austin and promote events that may be of interest to our members.
PLANNED ACTIVITY FOR 2016
– Welcome to TLA Austin – We will bring our first delegation of TLA Austin Advocates to London for London Tech Week, and will have our official launch event as part of the event: Austin, Texas – A Global Tech Hub on Tuesday 21 June, 14:00-18:00, at Open Kitchen Bar & Restaurant, 40 Hoxton Street, Hackney, London N1 6LR There will be topical roundtable discussions with Austin and London tech leaders, followed by a networking mixer. More details and to RSCVP here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/austin-texas-a-global-tech-hub-tickets-25651632724
– We will be at “America’s Hottest Tech Hubs: Third annual evening with UKTI USA and friends” on 21 June, 18:00-21:30 at WeWork Moorgate, promoting Austin and answering any questions about it along with representatives from SXSW: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/americas-hottest-tech-hubs-third-annual-evening-with-ukti-usa-and-friends-tickets-25170736350
– We will be presenting London Startups Secret Cellar Door Into America at 10:30am the Secret Sauce Conference on 24 June, 10:00-17:00, at BL-NK, 25-27 Curtain Road, Hackney, London EC2A 3LT, focusing on the Austin-London connection: http://www.secretsauceconference.com/
NUMBER OF ADVOCATES IN GROUP
HEAD OF GROUP
Fred Schmidt – firstname.lastname@example.org
Hailey Woldt Eustace – email@example.com
LinkedIn group – coming soon
Twitter – @TLA_Austin